Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Full-time)
Qualified candidate is responsible for handling guest registration and check-out, respond to all guest requests and act as communication liaison between the guests and all other departments.
To perform this job successfully, the Hotel Front Desk Clerk must be able to perform each essential function, as well as, the other requirements of this job satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an employee with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome.
- Check guests in and out of the hotel.
- Select a room in accordance with the guests’ request.
- Complete guest reservations.
- Adhere to check in and out performance standards.
- Complete daily reports and checklists.
- Answer phones calls with a phone smile and within 3 rings.
- Send and receive faxes.
- Be able to complete group check-ins in a timely manner.
- Complete a daily bucket check.
- Assist with guest service calls and opportunities when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written; provide friendly and courteous service at all times; apply knowledge gained through training, work experience and education; demonstrate ability to complete reports by utilizing various software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, etc.; possess strong organizational and reasoning skills and have the ability to obtain an Illinois Gaming License.
This position also requires qualified candidate to work flexible hours including (nights, weekends and holidays).
High School diploma, General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent work experience is required.